Dilley Law Firm - A National Law Firm
Founded in 1969, with our main offices located in San Antonio, TX, we consist of a dedicated group of highly skilled lawyers and various other professionals that provide powerful representation to our clients throughout Texas as well as the United States for certain type cases. We are seasoned trial lawyers who have a proven track record of success both in and out of the courtroom. We are aggressive, knowledgeable and have the financial resources necessary to win against giant insurance companies, corporate wrongdoers and their law firms. Our lawyers have tried a significant number of cases and secured settlements and jury verdicts totaling many millions of dollars for our clients.
We advise and represent clients in a wide range of civil matters including personal injury, wrongful death, business disputes, burn injuries, Qui Tam, Veterans Disability Claims and various other serious injury cases. We also represent clients in the areas of social security disability, trust & estate litigation and will contests.
In most cases, our firm serves its clients on a contingency fee basis. The client pays no attorney’s fee unless we win or settle your case. We advance court costs and litigation expenses that are reimbursed at the end of your case provided that you obtain a recovery. Our investment in and dedication to a case is unparalleled. Every client has complete access to our vast legal and financial resources.
Please contact us today for further information about our firm and how we can help you. There is no charge for an initial consultation.
Douglas E. Dilley
Personal: Born in Laredo, Texas, Married with two children.
- St. Mary's University , J.D., 1969
- St. Mary's University, B.A., 1965
- 1999-Present Principle shareholder in Dilley Law Firm. With offices located at 635 S. Presa St., San Antonio, Texas 78210 and 213 N. 11th Street, McAllen, Texas 78501.
- 1972-1999 Law Offices of Douglas E. Dilley, P.C.Private practice. Trial work in Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, FELA, Probate and Worker's Compensation cases. Handled over 200 Social Security Administrative Appeals. Handled over 75 Jury Trials as 1st chair and over 50 second chair. Litigated Multiple Party Mass Tort Cases, Oil Field Injuries. Handled over 750 Administrative Law Hearings before Social Security Administrative Law Judges. Handled over 1000 depositions of experts, medical doctors and parties as lead lawyer. Managed medium size law firm for over 30 years, currently consisting of 4 lawyers, 3 paralegals, 3 secretaries, 2 receptionists and 3 investigators.
- 1969-1972 Employed by Law Office of M.M. Pena, Jr. Did all civil trial work in Worker's Compensation, Personal Injury and Probate cases.
Special Skills: Read, write and speak fluent Spanish and English. Coast Guard approved classes for operation of sea vessels. Computer literate in Windows, Abacus Law, Westlaw, Sanction, PowerPoint, LexisNexis and FindLaw.
- Consul General of Mexico (San Antonio)
Continuing Legal Education:
- NOSSCR (Social Security)
- Advanced Personal Injury
- Advanced Civil Trial
- New Rules of Civil Procedure
- Longshore Comprehensive
- Longshore and Harbor (Loyola University)
David .E. Dilley
Activities and Honors: Dean's List 1990-1991
Activities and Honors:
- Dean's List- 1983, 1988
- Student Government Representative 1984-1985
- Student Organization Leader 1985-1986
Approximately thirty (30) jury trials as first chair. Jury trial experience includes the areas of auto accidents, premise liability, products liability, medical negligence, consumer, civil rights, criminal (felony and misdemeanor). Substantial pre-trial civil litigation experience in the above-mentioned areas including handling mass tort claims and death claims.
Civil Appellate experience in both the state and federal level. (Briefs available upon request)
Former counsel for major school district with duties ranging from lawsuit defense, claims, board meeting advisor, media advisor, personnel issues and contract procurement.
Claims Judge Advocate for the U.S. Army, which entails handling F.T.C.A. claims and subrogation claims.
|1991 - present
||Law Office of Douglas E. Dilley, P.C. - Associate Attorney|
|1999 - present
||United States Army Reserve - Captain JAG Corps|
Claims Judge Advocate
Three time recipient of the "Army Commendation Medal"
Two time recipient of the "Army Achievement Medal"
||Reynaldo Garza School of Law - San Antonio Extension|
||State Farm Insurance|
Claims Litigation Counsel Office - Houston, Texas
Law Intern and Property & Casualty Adjuster
||Dilley & Ojeda, P.C. San Antonio, Texas|
Consulate General of Mexico
Fluent in the Spanish language
Excellent ability to multi-task
Capable of addressing large groups of people and effectively communicating information and ideas.
Lector at St. Matthew Catholic Church and Catholic Youth Organization assistant coach
Gaylia D. Brunson
Duke University School of Law, Durham, NC
J.D., May 2002, GPA 3.09
- Health Care Law Society
- Sports & Entertainment Law Soceity
- Law School Co-ed Softball Champions
University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX
BS in Economics, Magna Cum Laude, May 1999
(transfers from TCU and ACU were due to tennis injuries) GPA 3.78
- Beta Gamma Sigma - Business Honor Society
- Omicron Delta Epsilon - Economic Honor Society; President
- National Association of Business Economics - VP Fund Raising
- Lawrence F. Ziegler Memorial Scholarship - for Economics, one recipient per year
Abilene Christian University; Abilene, TX
Academic Year 1995 - 1996 GPA 3.76
- Division II All American Women's Tennis
- Midwest Regional Tennis Sportsmanship Award
- ACU Women's Tennis Student Athletic Council Representative
- Full Women's Tennis Scholarship
Texan Christian University; Fort Worth, TX
Academic Year 1994 - 1995, GPA 3.79
- Full Women's Tennis Scholarship
Please call 210-225-0111
Please call 210-225-0111